Sunday, 10 May 2015

Pasta Bake Queen

If you know me, you know that I am the queen of pasta bakes! I try so many new things each time so I am going to show you two of my favourite versions.
Last week, I cooked a meal for my boyfriend, my best mate and her boyfriend.  I decided to make my feta pasta bake!

PASTA BAKE 

Ingredients 
- Pasta
- Mozzarella
- Feta
- Creamy tomato heinz soup can/ pasta bake sauce
- Peppers - Green/Red
- Mushrooms
- Two large brown onions
- Tomatoes
- Red and Green chillies
- Feta cheese 
- Salt
- Pepper
- Garlic
- Ginger
- Cumin Seeds
- Garam Masala (optional)
- Mixed Herbs (optional)

1. Place pasta in a saucepan to cook, and chop up tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, onions and chillies.

2. Place onions in the pan till brown with the addition of cumin seeds, then add the chopped ingredients. 

3. Add ginger and garlic followed by any additional flavourings you would like to add.

4. Place cooked pasta into a pasta bake dish and mix the cooked vegetables into the dish thoroughly.

5. Mix the sauce into the dish making sure its evenly spread then add cubed feta into the dish.

6. Once all mixed together coat the top with a cheese of our choice- i recommend mozzarella for the creamy taste.

7. Place in the oven for approx 20 minutes if you have a Fan Oven at 200degrees.

8. Once cheese is golden sprinkle breadcrumbs covering the top and place back in the oven.

9. Ready to serve! * sprinkle some mixed herbs on top*

Second Recipe

1. Follow stages 1-4.

2. Instead of using pasta sauce try pesto! 

3. Add in fried aubergine and courgette.

4. Add cheese and breadcrumbs and put in oven till golden brown. 

SERVING SUGGESTION: Spinach and garlic bread ( check out my homemade garlic bread recipe coming soon!)